Due to the Covid-19 health crisis, we delayed the start of our 2020 sailing schedule to Memorial Day weekend rather than our normal start date in April. Now that 2021 is here, we’re opening on April 30th and we can’t wait to get sailing again.
Based on the Governors Reopening Plan in 2020, we put many safety measures in place and sailed through the summer of 2020 in a covid-19 safe and health environment, staying in compliance with Rhode Island Governor Raimondo’s plans for reopening our economy for business. After months of staying inside of 4 walls, we are happy to now feel the fresh breezes on Narragansett Bay and enjoy the company of our fellow sailors! For 2021, we have a slightly higher capacity than we did last year and many of our safety measures from last year are still in place
We have been busy with staying in compliance with the Public Health requirements to assure the safety of our passengers and staff.
These additional safety precautions we are doing include:
– maintaining a lower passenger count on our vessels to allow for proper social distancing space. In 2020, we took a maximum of 28 guests on board as opposed to our normal 49 passengers. For 2021, we are taking a maximum of 33 guests on board as many more people have the vaccines and improvements in covid numbers continues to go up.
– marking off seating areas for proper social distancing
– procedures for daily sanitation of the vessels and shoreside facilities in place
-between each cruise, we clean and sanitize all passenger space so when you walk on board, our boats are nicely sanitized for your protection.
– we monitor the health of the crew on a daily basis
– installation of hand sanitizer stations at our boarding area and on the boats
While we are operating under our current Covid-19 Control Plan, please review the following changes from our normal operating standards:
– ALL passengers (except those exceptions defined by RI Executive Order 20-24) MUST wear a mask or other face covering while on board
– Please do NOT come on the boat if you have been near anyone with Covid-19 in the prior 14 days or if you have any symptoms associated with Covid-19.
– Passengers shall check in 30 minutes prior to sailing at the Bannister’s Wharf kiosk to receive boarding instructions — please do NOT queue up at the booth — we will call each group by name when it is time for you to board.
– Initially we did not have beverage service on board but at the current time, we are serving beverages on particular itineraries where beverages are included complimentary. All trips have bottled water available complimentary.
– Please wash your hands before arriving at the Wharf – we will have hand sanitizer available but the more precautions the better.
– Please use a restroom BEFORE getting on the boat — we are trying to minimize the use of the restrooms on board in the interest of controlling sanitation issues.
– Pleas follow the crew instructions regarding seating onboard so that we can keep groups together while maintaining our required social distance.
– Please dress warm as we cannot offer blankets as we have in the past due to sanitization requirements.
And finally, the most important things to bring with you on your trip are your sense of fun and adventure, and a sense of humor.
We are lucky that we can enjoy a great escape on Narragansett Bay in spite of all the daily challenges we are dealing with. Please join us on the Schooner Madeleine or the Motor Vessel RumRunner II – we’re looking forward to seeing you!